Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sunny Day

And today all the children got up and off to school, walking the older ones to school is turning into quite an education, although I’ve been relegated to standing at some distance as we approach school grounds.
The new house is still a little confusing, the light switches, the alarms, the various keys.  This morning I stood for minutes in a hallway looking for the light switch, I could swear it seemed brighter than usual, one of the kids must have left the light on.  And then I noticed it wasn’t my son, but in fact THE sun was shining in.  I hadn’t seen the Sun in the morning yet.
Getting jostled on the Tube and walking with the throngs across the bridge during rush hour, I do feel a connection to this new home.  But anyone paying attention could see I am still a stranger.  Maybe it’s the way my eyes linger at the Tube map a little too long, or that I am the only one carrying an umbrella on a sunny day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment